Author Topic: How did you find out about DMdrummer.com?  (Read 18688 times)

Online Hellfire

How did you find out about DMdrummer.com?
« on: July 31, 2009, 04:41:54 PM »
Just want to know how people are finding us. Please vote in the poll to let us know. :)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 05:18:07 PM by Hellfire »

Offline UC

Re: How did you find out about DMdrummer.com?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 10:38:14 AM »
Yeah some dude spammed my forum :)

Offline KnipeDrums

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 07:40:27 AM »
It seems as if that spammer also got me too ;D

The site looks great man, thanks for having me. I love it.
Yamaha DtxTreme 3, Roland SPD30

www.KnipeDrums.com
www.DTXDrummers.com

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 09:18:27 PM »
I found you on the un2box site and thought I'd stop by.  I miss the old edrumming site and hope this one is as friendly. 

Offline rockdude

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 01:24:03 AM »
I noticed your logo in your signature at vdrums had changed. One click and boom here I am.  :)

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 01:17:41 AM »
Found out about it over at the Vdrum forum . Cool to see a forum for Alesis gear . Now if only the ddrum forum would get straightened out :)

Happy to climb on board here .

sam(otacon28)

Currently endorsed by Blastech (acoustic/electronic) drums & sponsored by Drum Star Wear , Xtreme Drummer , & Music Star Wear musician apparel

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 10:46:26 PM »
Some guy named Phil told me about it!!!..:) ;D...site looks nice Phil!

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 07:21:18 PM »
hellfire drums of course :D hellfire to me has been a great source of info for while amoung beatnik and others what a great thing all of us diy'er talk and further our knowledge and try new things to make music a better i look forward to talking to you all with future posts of my kit im building which i hope to finish in the next few weeks with a price breakdown and sources
the process of a thought is only stirred on by creative ingenuity

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 01:42:39 PM »
Totally new to e-dumming. I'm actually a sax player and have relaed a few albums. I'm building my own project studio to cut down some of the costs associated with recording at the studios. I have Logic 8 and Pro Tools * 9digi 003). I want to be able to cut my rhythm tracks live which led me to e-dumming. I have EZDrummer software and hAd my eyes set on an Alesis USB Pro kit until I heard about the new DM10. It is a bit pricey for me since I am not a drummer at all. I just want to be able to have a live drummer feel on my tracks. Any experience with the USB Pro at all anyone? I also want to have a nice kit that my drummer of choice can play at ease w/o too long of a learning curve. Any advice at at all would be appreciated!!   

Offline ghostman

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 03:43:50 PM »
from 2 or 3 other forums.. ;)
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2010, 06:33:07 AM »
vdrums.com

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 09:27:56 PM »
Just want to know how people are finding us. Please vote in the poll to let us know. :)

Hi All!!! Thanks for having me. I can't recall the forum I found you on though.

Online Hellfire

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 12:33:24 PM »

Hi All!!! Thanks for having me. I can't recall the forum I found you on though.
Welcome to the forum tresfrijoles!

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 02:53:14 PM »
I saw it mentioned on HellfireDrums and here I am! Not played for like, 18 years so decided to jump back into the saddle.

Never used e or v-drums (not sure which is the right term) but treated myself to a DM10 Pro Kit after a few mins in the showroom. Accoustic kit would not be welcome or fit in my car!

Offline Guinness

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 03:13:09 PM »
I saw it mentioned on HellfireDrums and here I am! Not played for like, 18 years so decided to jump back into the saddle.

Never used e or v-drums (not sure which is the right term) but treated myself to a DM10 Pro Kit after a few mins in the showroom. Accoustic kit would not be welcome or fit in my car!

Sweet & Welcome.  You'll find lots of good people here.  How do you like the DM10 pro kit?  (there's a few threads under "Drum Modules".  Post your comments there if you prefer.)

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 03:54:47 PM »
Thanks for the welcome Guinness. Considering the initial problems I'm having with the kit, I really like it.

The DM10 brain is being exchanged as the ride triggers continuously if you power the module up with both jacks connected. Workaround for now, plug in the ride AFTER powering up.

Having problems with cross-talk, but now wondering if this is reated to the above issue????? Have asked for advice on setting up crosstalk.

Crash sometimes does not trigger either.

BUT I STILL LOVE IT!!

Been looking for ways of uploading basslines from software based sequencers onto the DM10 for playing along with until I can find a bassist - think I've cracked it!

Online Hellfire

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 06:14:34 PM »
Thanks for the welcome Guinness. Considering the initial problems I'm having with the kit, I really like it.

The DM10 brain is being exchanged as the ride triggers continuously if you power the module up with both jacks connected. Workaround for now, plug in the ride AFTER powering up.

Having problems with cross-talk, but now wondering if this is reated to the above issue????? Have asked for advice on setting up crosstalk.

Crash sometimes does not trigger either.

BUT I STILL LOVE IT!!

Been looking for ways of uploading basslines from software based sequencers onto the DM10 for playing along with until I can find a bassist - think I've cracked it!
A little late but, welcome to the forum!

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2010, 03:46:54 PM »
Just for info.....

The Alesis support team in the UK are first class. They have been 110% helpful with all my queries. They were also interested to hear about this forum and all the fantastic advice offered here.

Seems like quite a small community, but together I bet we make a big noise! (Pretty cheesy, eh?)

So, if anyone in the UK reads this and thinks Alesis may be just another 'Faceless' overseas manufacturer, please think again! Based on my experience they could not be more helpful.

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 11:12:47 AM »
on an Alesis newsletter, actually. Very cool site. Looks like just what I am looking for, since I am a drummer turned keyboard player. I still have e drums in my studio, with 2 D4s. The pads are a mix of whatever was affordable at the time. It works, but I am looking to optimize my setup. This looks like a great place to start.

Jay

Offline Bobby@NEMS

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 03:53:38 PM »
Found DMDrummer today courtesy of a Twitter post by Alesis

Seems like a nifty site, so I went ahead and signed up. Perhaps we can learn something from each other :-)
Bobby D.

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2010, 07:10:34 AM »
So, if anyone in the UK reads this and thinks Alesis may be just another 'Faceless' overseas manufacturer, please think again! Based on my experience they could not be more helpful.

Thats good to know. It seems like the company want to be active with the community which can only be a good thing.

Oh and I first heard about DMdrummer from Hellfire.com while looking for the mesh conversion video.
New to drumming... be gentle!!

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2010, 05:47:13 PM »
saw guinness on youtube. searching for various sites/info.  on alesis kits.  have bought alesis dm10 pro kit on ebay and am exprecting it any day now.  have been playing drums about 2 years now and am excited all over again about the prospect of electric drums. a lot more versatility.  and my wife and pets pleased because i can keep my practice sessions to myself!

Offline Guinness

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2010, 06:44:55 PM »
saw guinness on youtube. searching for various sites/info.  on alesis kits.  have bought alesis dm10 pro kit on ebay and am exprecting it any day now.  have been playing drums about 2 years now and am excited all over again about the prospect of electric drums. a lot more versatility.  and my wife and pets pleased because i can keep my practice sessions to myself!

Good deal.  Welcome to the forum.  Undoubtedly, you'll have lot's of questions.  Good news though 'cause this group has probably run into it before and can quickly get you on track.   Enjoy you're new kit!   ;D

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2010, 08:33:32 AM »
Google

:P

Online Hellfire

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2010, 10:03:30 AM »
Google

:P
Cool. If you don't mind me asking, What was your search terms and how far down was DMdrummer.com?