Author Topic: DM-10 Ride cymbol settings & Hi Hat  (Read 2271 times)

DM-10 Ride cymbol settings & Hi Hat
« on: September 18, 2011, 12:36:27 PM »
Hello Drummers,
     I've owned my DM-10 for about a week now. Still tweeking, getting there. But the ride cymbol is really tricky I see. My bell is not triggering accurately neither is the bow. I had the bell's input set to piezo but noticed it responded a little better with switch. This actually triggers bell even if I hit the bow.
     On the module my ride 1 is pluged int o ride 1. Ride 2 cable is in perc 1. Then on the cymbol ride 1 is is plugged into jack A ride 2 into jack B. Perc. is set  to 3 zone. I'm constantly doing minor tweeks to the sensitivity and threshold. Am I in the ball park here? Can anyone help me nail this on the head?
     Secondly, Hi Hat open and close just don't feel perfect. What am I missing on that?

Thanks In Advance,
Track Headz

Offline Ennuk3

Re: DM-10 Ride cymbol settings & Hi Hat
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 12:52:18 PM »
I would set the bell sensitivity to 99, got me the best results. Also the bell on the studio ride has to be switch.

You need to be more specific than "doesn't feel right".

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 02:42:36 PM »
Hi there,

i've had the same problem with my Dm10 pro kit. My 16" ride (with choke) didn't ring a bell too. What i did is set sensitivity to 70 and treshold down (the amount depends on your own way of playing. Also mind that the bow and bell can be adjusted seperately. The bow is a different chapter. You have to play on the trigger to get this sound properly.
About the hihat, you can't set open/close as identical setup's. Feet higher on de pedal works better in my case. Also trie different kinds of hihat's. And at last, calibrate it, it's a function in the trigger menu when selecting the hihat.
Succes!

p.s.
if you've still notice problems i can send the exact setting of my DM10.

Offline vtdrummer

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 03:22:27 PM »
Try changing the CURVE setting on your ride... different curves work very differently.
DM10 Studio 2011 w/Surge Cymbals added, BB Mesh head conversion w/rubber muffs at bottom, one 12" A-E pad, Simmons DA200S, sometimes using 2 satellite speakers... Simmons SDMP-1 Multi-pad.
See my DIY 12" Acoustic to E-Drum project post here: http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=1227