Author Topic: Only 3 Hi Hat Sounds from closed to open??  (Read 1639 times)

Only 3 Hi Hat Sounds from closed to open??
« on: September 29, 2016, 03:47:49 PM »
Hi,

How many sounds (or samples) does the DM10 have for the hi hat for a kit?

I've noticed when playing that if I slowly lift my foot off the high hat pedal while playing, I only hear about three (or maybe four) different hi hat sounds - tightly closed, half-open, and fully-open.   

I've calibrated the hi hat pedal several times to see if that would help.  I've also adjusted the pedal height using the bolt on the front of the pedal.

I'm hoping there's something I can adjust or modify to get more sounds out of the hi hat.

Thanks!

Chris.

Re: Only 3 Hi Hat Sounds from closed to open??
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 10:35:31 AM »
My understanding is that there are only 3 hat sounds possible from the DM 10 module.  If I'm wrong I'd love to hear about it.
DM10 Pro X Mesh kit, Behringer Eurolive 1220 monitor, Tama Speed Cobra pedal, ProX hi hat, Pearl Throne Thumper

Offline rhysT

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 08:44:33 PM »
My understanding is that there are only 3 hat sounds possible from the DM 10 module.  If I'm wrong I'd love to hear about it.

You can kinda fake a more gradual transition of Hi-hat sounds by mixing various HH combos on the A & B pad layers and tweaking each instrument sound's settings to blend together.

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 04:18:50 PM »
Sounds interesting.  I'd love it if you could post specific details of what you did that got you good results.  The key to the Pro-X is definitely in the tweaking.
DM10 Pro X Mesh kit, Behringer Eurolive 1220 monitor, Tama Speed Cobra pedal, ProX hi hat, Pearl Throne Thumper

Offline rhysT

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 12:50:17 AM »
Sounds interesting.  I'd love it if you could post specific details of what you did that got you good results.  The key to the Pro-X is definitely in the tweaking.

There are 2 combos of hi-hat sounds I prefer to use in my DM-10 kits, so you could try assigning Z60sNB-15 or Heavy-2 on the A layer and ZManhatn-14" on the B layer. Then adjust their level, tone and decay settings for your preferred overall sound. I've also turned off hi-hat MuteGroup on the EDIT INST>OTHR page (for each kit).

Btw, I haven't tried setting up a Pro-X hi-hat mainly because I'm satisfied with the separate pedal and better cymbal mounted at an angle.

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 02:51:21 PM »
Thanks for helping clear this up.

Anybody use VSTs or other triggers to get more variation of hihat sounds?