Author Topic: Drum Battle!  (Read 2492 times)

Drum Battle!
« on: May 14, 2012, 03:18:45 PM »
This was at a charity event for the local high school band (our county has cut their funding to $100 per year!) They asked me to play in a drum battle as the symphonic band set up. You will enjoy the remarkably great kid that I had the misfortune to go up against......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86UgYCLXkbs&feature=channel&list=UL

Sorry for the crappy audio....

Mark
Drumagination
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 03:24:59 PM by Drumagination »
Alesis DM10
2000 Watt Carvin powered Bass Drum
Double TwinSteele drum pedals
Footless HH
Drumagination.com

Re: Drum Battle!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 11:46:56 AM »
Great work!

I checked out your other videos, the enclosed speaker in the kick was great! I would definetly look into one once I have an acoustic space I can get loud. Excellent way to bridge playing live with an electronic kit, while still maintaining the look that audience members expect to see. Nicely done!

Josh
DM10 Studio with 2 extra 12" cymbals - Roland Mesh - Tama Iron Cobra HP900 double - Steven Slate 3.5 - Resolve A5 Monitors - KRK 8400  - Ibanez H.R. Giger (EMG 81/85)- Dean 7 String Razorback - Line 6 HD500 - Sonar X1 Pro

Re: Drum Battle!
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 08:40:03 PM »
Josh-
Thanks for the kind words!
I have put together a few DIY bass drum kits and sent them out recently. My neighbor has a studio and will build his with an installed module, kick pad and shell jacks, including an output to his room monitors. But no amp or speakers. He just loves the look.

Feel free to snoop and blog at Drumagination.com, and thanks again.

By the way, the kid in the Battle video is self taught, and trying to get into the Berklee school of music....I certainly think he is qualified!

Mark
Drumagination

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 08:43:52 PM by Drumagination »
Alesis DM10
2000 Watt Carvin powered Bass Drum
Double TwinSteele drum pedals
Footless HH
Drumagination.com