Author Topic: Pro-X versus Strike hi-hat.  (Read 2098 times)

Pro-X versus Strike hi-hat.
« on: December 05, 2017, 01:44:50 PM »
Having had first done a search for this answer and failing to find one, I would appreciate it if someone can clue me in.  Thanks in advance.

Are the Pro-X and Strike hi-hat controllers one and the same, just with a cosmetic difference?  I know that the Pro-X was originally created to complement the DM10 module with the required firmware.  Would the same requirement exist for the Strike hi-hat if it was being added to the DM10 module?

I always wait a year or two to buy a car that has entered the market, and the same holds true for electronic products.  So I'm holding on to the DM10 module for a bit, which is why I ask.

Should I treat the Strike hi-hat, with its "hammered" look, the same way that I would the Pro-X one, with regard to its compatibility with the DM10 module?

Again, thank you in advance.

Peter
Sakae Almighty Maple shells; Extreme Drums! triggers; Ballistech 3.0 heads (snare and kick); Remo Silverstroke heads (toms); Sakae double pedals; Gibraltar rack; Sakae throne; misc. Sakae stands; Alesis DM8Pro cymbal pads (for the time being), and; the Alesis DM10 module (its brain).

Re: Pro-X versus Strike hi-hat.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 11:21:46 AM »
I just purchased a used Strike Hi-hat from a member on this forum.  My DM10X had the standard hi-hat (the one mounted on the frame).  I probably need to do some tweeking (still learning) but I just plugged it in and it worked fine. 

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 11:29:00 AM »
Thank you for your reply, Allen.  And glad to hear that it worked out.  Point of clarification, please.

When you're going to the Pro-X hi-hat from the standard one on the DM10, Alesis asks you to download firmware for the Pro-X to work properly on the DM10.

Did you do that as well for the Strike hi-hat, since you went from the standard DM10 hi-hat to the Strike one?

Or did you simply connect the Strike hi-hat to your DM10 module, without adding the firmware for the Pro-X, and it worked fine?

Thanks again.

Peter

Sakae Almighty Maple shells; Extreme Drums! triggers; Ballistech 3.0 heads (snare and kick); Remo Silverstroke heads (toms); Sakae double pedals; Gibraltar rack; Sakae throne; misc. Sakae stands; Alesis DM8Pro cymbal pads (for the time being), and; the Alesis DM10 module (its brain).

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 05:47:32 AM »
Yes I did that.  I also just went from mylar heads to mesh heads.  Well worth it.  But still have some tweaking to do.