Author Topic: WANTED to Buy Blue Jay sound library for Alesis Dm 10 x kit mesh  (Read 5629 times)

WANTED to Buy Blue Jay sound library for Alesis Dm 10 x kit mesh
« on: February 05, 2016, 04:25:44 PM »
Hey guys, I bought Alesis dm10 x mesh kit, and I was buying it with the hope to upgrade Blue Jay Sound Library. Right after my purchase I started the dialogue with Alesis.com and they sales department by email about buying Blue Jay, but to be honest their communication is not the best - they answer slowly and very generic. I am from Ukraine so I don't have an opportunity to pick up a phone and call the American phone number, but I was not guided or given any kind of advice about how I can make that purchase. Maybe someone has already bought Blue Jay and is ready to share or sell this library if Alesis.com don't want to do it. I will appreciate any feedback

WANTED to Buy Blue Jay sound library for Alesis Dm 10 x kit mesh
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 04:29:58 PM »
Hey guys, I bought Alesis dm10 x mesh kit, and I was buying it with the hope to upgrade Blue Jay Sound Library. Right after my purchase I started the dialogue with Alesis.com and they sales department by email about buying Blue Jay, but to be honest their communication is not the best - they answer slowly and very generic. I am from Ukraine so I don't have an opportunity to pick up a phone and call the American phone number, but I was not guided or given any kind of advice about how I can make that purchase. Maybe someone has already bought Blue Jay and is ready to share or sell this library if Alesis.com don't want to do it. I will appreciate any feedback

Offline JimmyB

Re: WANTED to Buy Blue Jay sound library for Alesis Dm 10 x kit mesh
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 05:04:55 PM »
Why do u want it?  The general consensus is it's a POS.
JimmyB

Online Hellfire

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 09:08:53 PM »

Welcome to the forum.

There is no easy way to say this, so I'm going to be blunt. The DM10 is close to being obsolete and Alesis stopped selling the Blue Jay sound set about a year ago. Unfortunately, you can not just buy the Blue Jay sound set form an other user because the sound set is tied to each unique serial number of a DM10. I'm sorry but there is no way for you to get the Blue Jay sounds set for your module. I wish I could help.   :(

Offline vaikl

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 05:12:41 PM »
Hbeatz, if you like the Blue Jay sounds (they were sampled from a Yamaha Maple Custom kit) and if you have the ability to use a VST plugin on a computer and work with MIDI, then the originators of the Blue Jay sound set, Sonivox, have a solution for you:

http://sonivoxmi.com/products/details/blue-jay-drums

It's $19,99 and they also have a trial for downloading.

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2016, 05:02:23 PM »
Hbeatz, if you like the Blue Jay sounds (they were sampled from a Yamaha Maple Custom kit) and if you have the ability to use a VST plugin on a computer and work with MIDI, then the originators of the Blue Jay sound set, Sonivox, have a solution for you:

http://sonivoxmi.com/products/details/blue-jay-drums

It's $19,99 and they also have a trial for downloading.

"Please Note: This DVI is not for the Alesis DM10 Drum Module."

Offline vaikl

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2016, 08:01:21 PM »

That's why i mentioned the Vsti-plugin version. It's working in your computer, not in your DM10.

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2016, 12:49:05 PM »

That's why i mentioned the Vsti-plugin version. It's working in your computer, not in your DM10.

Oops. My bad. Shows why I shouldn't wade into technical discussions and only ask questions like a three year old.  :D