Author Topic: Use Realhat pedal as second kick / problem with ride bell  (Read 1165 times)

Use Realhat pedal as second kick / problem with ride bell
« on: May 13, 2016, 08:36:57 AM »
So I just got my DM10x Mesh with PRO-X Hi Hat and I've been setting it up.  I eliminated almost all cross-talk except for on the ride bell.  I can get the ride bell to trigger MOST of the time, but every once in a while the ride head will trigger instead.  I've messed with the rcv and snd of both triggers but I still can't 100% get the bell to work

Also,

Since I have the Pro X hi hat and a stand I have a spare Realhat pedal.  I was wondering if it could be used as a second kick?  I tried plugging it in the kick input and the perc4 input but nothing happened.  Any help?

Thanks!

Offline AlanK

Re: Use Realhat pedal as second kick / problem with ride bell
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 08:45:28 AM »
Try lowering the ride bow sensitivity and increasing the bell sensitivity (not the level/volume, that you can keep high on both if you like the ride to come through loud). For the pedal, on my first ekit I'd set the hat pedal as a kick drum in the voicings to get double kick.. it was pretty good except two things.. the feel took some getting used to two different types of kick functioning, one is the standard mallet and the other was just stomping down on a pedal with no "hit feedback" but it works.. the other thing was I think I was beginning to wear out the hat pedal using it like I would a kick pedal with a lot more force.. but still fun and did the job.

I imagine what would work best for the DM10 is use a Y splitter at the kick input on the module and then you program Kick 2.. hopefully it allows that pedal to function, you may have to change the trigger type setting to Switch, not sure about that part, haven't tried yet.
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Re: Use Realhat pedal as second kick / problem with ride bell
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 10:55:04 PM »
Hi.  Thank you for the response.  But I've tried every setting I could see, including sensitivity and I am still missing notes on the bell.  Even if I take out the TS cable from the bow, I still miss around 65% of my hits on the bell.   I tried different cymbals and they all had the same symptoms.

If I switch RideBell to Piezio instead of SWITCH then I get every single hit, but as long as it's in switch mode it misses hits