Author Topic: DM10X Kit snare kapuut  (Read 1220 times)

DM10X Kit snare kapuut
« on: February 24, 2016, 11:44:04 AM »
Hey forum members.  My DM10 Xkit snare appears to have stopped producing any sound.  I've checked for cable issues and the input on the module, but still no sound.  I've also reset the module, but nada.  Disclaimer-I've had mesh heads on my kit from 682 drums for the past several years, but I'd be surprised if this were the issue.  Any thoughts would be much appreciated.  I hope the best solution isn't simply paying $150 for a new drum.  THanks, Scott

Re: DM10X Kit snare kapuut
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 01:58:14 PM »
There isnt much to an e-drum, if a tom pad works in the snare input then its the snare pad and there is only a few things to look at, the socket, the wires to the piezo and the piezo itself.

The piezo is just a microphone really so if you want to test it then either use a mixer or something and plug it into a mic input to listen to it when you hit it, or if you dont have one then use a 6.3mm to 3.5mm converter if you have one and plug it into your mic input and see if you hear anything when you hit it.

chances are a wire has come off somewhere inside the pad.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 01:59:56 PM by Mezzo »

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 02:26:53 PM »
chances are a wire has come off somewhere inside the pad.

This! This happened on my kick a few times.

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 10:43:37 PM »
Thanks for the tips gents.  I'll do some exploratory surgery on it and see what's going on with the wires.  Hopefully I've just knocked one loose during one of my drum euphoria episodes  :)

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 12:38:31 PM »
Let us know so someone searching here can easily find the solution as well. Good luck!