Author Topic: Being late to the party... what happened to Surge?  (Read 1673 times)

Offline prentir

Being late to the party... what happened to Surge?
« on: June 10, 2017, 06:29:40 PM »
Hi y'all,

As I am new to this and therefore I am sure y'all know what happened but, I saw loads of hoopla about Surge Cymbals and now I don't see them mentioned... can someone fill me in or point me to a thread to review.

Thanks,
Alesis Strike Pro, DW 9000 double kick, DW 9399 Heavy Duty Snare Stand, DW 9500 Heavy Duty 2-leg Hi-Hat Stand plus 2 x DW9700 Cymbal stands and a DW 9000 Low boom Ride Cymbal Stand for expansion. Researching Jobeky 18" Crash & 20" Ride.

Offline Hellfire

Re: Being late to the party... what happened to Surge?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 07:40:05 PM »
Hi y'all,

As I am new to this and therefore I am sure y'all know what happened but, I saw loads of hoopla about Surge Cymbals and now I don't see them mentioned... can someone fill me in or point me to a thread to review.

Thanks,

Welcome to the forum! Your post was more trigger and hardware to that's were I moved it.

BTW, I first moved it to lobby because I got it mixed up with your other post which is in the lobby. Sorry about that.
Alesis stopped making the Surge years ago. I believe 2012.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 07:42:56 PM by Hellfire »

Offline prentir

Re: Being late to the party... what happened to Surge?
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 08:32:09 PM »
Hi y'all,

Thanks,

Welcome to the forum! Your post was more trigger and hardware to that's were I moved it.

BTW, I first moved it to lobby because I got it mixed up with your other post which is in the lobby. Sorry about that.
Alesis stopped making the Surge years ago. I believe 2012.

Thanks for moving it Hellfire and for the info.  I see Amazon still have a Surge in stock!  That's what threw me. Thank you for clarification.

Alesis Strike Pro, DW 9000 double kick, DW 9399 Heavy Duty Snare Stand, DW 9500 Heavy Duty 2-leg Hi-Hat Stand plus 2 x DW9700 Cymbal stands and a DW 9000 Low boom Ride Cymbal Stand for expansion. Researching Jobeky 18" Crash & 20" Ride.