Author Topic: Alesis DM Dock for iPad  (Read 3807 times)

Alesis DM Dock for iPad
« on: April 11, 2012, 04:20:15 PM »
Curious if anyone has had a chance to get their hands on a DM Dock yet?  If so, would the DM Dock and and iPad be all you need to handle some VSTs like BFD2 or Addictive Drums etc...to run into the DM10 Studio? Currently I have been using BlueJay Sounds, and I can honestly say its just OK.  Better than the stock sounds but not really what I'm looking for.  I would love to be able to keep the VST exspansion simple without the need of a more powerful computer or extra equipment.  The DM Dock seems like it would just make things so much easier.  Thoughts?

Statler

Offline Hellfire

Re: Alesis DM Dock for iPad
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 04:31:18 PM »
Curious if anyone has had a chance to get their hands on a DM Dock yet?  If so, would the DM Dock and and iPad be all you need to handle some VSTs like BFD2 or Addictive Drums etc...to run into the DM10 Studio? Currently I have been using BlueJay Sounds, and I can honestly say its just OK.  Better than the stock sounds but not really what I'm looking for.  I would love to be able to keep the VST exspansion simple without the need of a more powerful computer or extra equipment.  The DM Dock seems like it would just make things so much easier.  Thoughts?

Statler

I don't know if you know this or not, but the DMdock hasn't been released yet.

Here's the topic on it:

Dm Dock? Hellfire was right

Offline vaikl

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 06:55:03 PM »
Curious if anyone has had a chance to get their hands on a DM Dock yet?  If so, would the DM Dock and and iPad be all you need to handle some VSTs like BFD2 or Addictive Drums etc...to run into the DM10 Studio?

Even if the DMdock appears on the market in the near future, it would take some additional time to port apps/plugins like BFD2 or AD to the IOS platform. Keep in mind that just the libraries for BFD2 alone can take up dozens of gigabytes of harddisc space.

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 01:19:49 PM »
Thanks guys for the info!  Wishful thinking I guess.

Offline Old D4 Drummer

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 11:34:42 AM »
Happy New Year Gentlemen :)

I have bought a dm dock (ebay)  and AD2 (XLN audio) seemed like a great deal?????

Has anyone done or have hooked up these? Which DM (I have dock dm8 pro and D4) midi hook up? Yes... I still believe in Santa!

Thanks Valki and Statler!
Old D 4 Drummer