Author Topic: Adding a cymbal boom to Strike kit  (Read 1275 times)

Adding a cymbal boom to Strike kit
« on: September 17, 2018, 10:21:22 PM »
Hey Guys,

I picked up a pair of the basic drum clamps made for the strike kit, but wasn't sure what cymbal boom would fit them. Does anyone know if something like this would fit in the clamp?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SC3325B-1--gibraltar-cymbal-boom-arm-with-ratchet-16-inch-tube

If not, any suggestions for a boom? As you can see, I'm trying to do this on the cheap.. :)

Thanks for your help!
Paul

Online AlanK

Re: Adding a cymbal boom to Strike kit
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 09:42:47 AM »
Hi Paul, I've bought a few add on non-Alesis clamps over the years and the ones with just a tube hole and wing nut usually fit that size arm. The clamps that have the two lugs are great.. fit any size tube. I've also managed to clamp that knurled boom arm piece only by sliding on some tygon tubing over it, giving it roughly the same diameter of the tube.
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 08:46:25 PM »
Thanks for the input! The clamps I bought fit the strike kit as well as the DM10 it seems. I'll see what typ eof arms the DM10 uses as well, even though the clamp was meant to hold the drum "L" brackets directly, and they are rather small in diameter.

https://www.fullcompass.com/prod/503940-alesis-102370052-a-replacement-rack-clamp?gclid=CjwKCAjwxILdBRBqEiwAHL2R8zSVRV8peLXDx1KCQ8kOjFcAoZa86i_ZzHnMCzHEJvjAZSNXVG3cWhoC3KQQAvD_BwE

Online AlanK

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 09:25:08 AM »
cool.. if I recall, those style clamps can fit a standard boom arm pole.. that was the same type of clamp I used for an extra crash I had but I didn't have the pole/tube that fits the knurled boom part, so I cut a piece of rubber tubing that was snug against the knurled section, and that clamped in fairly tightly
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 10:35:05 AM »
THat's definitely what I hope, I ordered the Gibraltar boom last night. I'll keep you guys posted!