Author Topic: Hello and a new DM10 mkii pro owner  (Read 1652 times)

Hello and a new DM10 mkii pro owner
« on: July 20, 2018, 01:53:07 PM »
Hello everyone my name is Kevin.

I just got the DM10 mkii Pro set. So far it is awesome! I've looked around online and I cant really find answer to a question I have, so hopefully you guys can help.

When I formatted the USB for the dm10 mkii pro it puts folders on it (Kit, Song, Trig, Voice). What can I put where? I know to add custom samples it is the voice folder, but I am not sure of the other 3.

Thanks in advance

Re: Hello and a new DM10 mkii pro owner
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 02:27:25 PM »
Kevin

I also just got the Alesis DM10 MKll Pro and have only just been doing some testing with it, but am going to upgrade to the STRIKE PERFORMANCE DRUM Module. Nothing wrong with the DM10 MKll just part of my conversion project that you can read about on my other posts if you like.

So for sure, any wav files (16bit) can be dragged into the Voice folder, and any mp3 files into the Song folder. Not too sure about the Kit and Trig folders and not too sure if I would ever use them to be honest.
I was quite happy with all the voice samples on the module itself, but certainly adding others can make quite a difference and give some nice bass drum and snare samples to use in your User sections.

A couple of sites to try out are:
musicradar.com
freewavesamples.com

Eric
ALESIS Pro Kit w/upgraded Strike Performance Drum Module.
NO cymbals for precise quiet playability [2-Roland PDX-6", 1-Roland PDX-8"mesh pads as HiHat, Crash, Ride]. AKG K52 Closed-back headphones.

Re: Hello and a new DM10 mkii pro owner
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 09:32:14 PM »
Me too! Just got my kit yesterday. Don’t know anything about adding sounds, so maybe I can learn from you as you go.