Author Topic: DM10, hihat issues after firmware & sound update  (Read 1845 times)

DM10, hihat issues after firmware & sound update
« on: April 04, 2018, 02:45:50 PM »
Hi all,

I bought used DM 10 Studio kit about a month ago. Kit was transformed to mesh kit by previous owner more or less successfully. Let's not go into that though.

I updated firmware and sounds few days ago and now when we went to play with our band I noticed that hihat pedal sound was way too loud compared to hihat cymbal sound. I tried to go through the settings and was able to find curves, I did calibrate etc but couldn't get it work correctly. If I play and open hihat, closing sound of hihat is way too high.

I tried to look if someone had experienced similar issues, but could not find any.

Here is what I have tried:
- Tried to go through settings
- Tried different settings, volume etc
- Tried to recalibrate pedal
- I even tried with different cymbal to see if my hihat cymbal was broken and because of that volume would be set too high for hihat. No change.

One thing I haven't tried is to reset settings after update. I wouldn't want to do it because it was quite a work to get kit working correctly. Of course I could backup settings, reset and restore settings after that but I don't know if reset does any good then.

Any ideas anyone?

Offline Chaser

Re: DM10, hihat issues after firmware & sound update
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 04:57:04 PM »
Hi all,

I bought used DM 10 Studio kit about a month ago. Kit was transformed to mesh kit by previous owner more or less successfully. Let's not go into that though.

I updated firmware and sounds few days ago and now when we went to play with our band I noticed that hihat pedal sound was way too loud compared to hihat cymbal sound. I tried to go through the settings and was able to find curves, I did calibrate etc but couldn't get it work correctly. If I play and open hihat, closing sound of hihat is way too high.

I tried to look if someone had experienced similar issues, but could not find any.

Here is what I have tried:
- Tried to go through settings
- Tried different settings, volume etc
- Tried to recalibrate pedal
- I even tried with different cymbal to see if my hihat cymbal was broken and because of that volume would be set too high for hihat. No change.

One thing I haven't tried is to reset settings after update. I wouldn't want to do it because it was quite a work to get kit working correctly. Of course I could backup settings, reset and restore settings after that but I don't know if reset does any good then.

Any ideas anyone?

When you updated..which trigger firmware did you use.."a" or "b"..
"a" is for single piece Hi Hat with Realhat continuous /variable pedal..."b" is for the Pro-X Hi hat..2 piece with it's own controller and a Hi Hat stand/pedal.
The symptoms/issues you described sounds like you did "b"

DM10 – Trigger Firmware Update [v1.01b]
This zip file includes the latest trigger firmware updates which increases sensitivity and reduces the possibility of crosstalk.
This updated trigger firmware should only be used if you are using DM10 with the Alesis Pro X Hi-Hat.
http://community.alesis.com/alesis/topics/dm10-hi-hat-problem-after-firmware-update#

Re: DM10, hihat issues after firmware & sound update
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 12:16:56 AM »

When you updated..which trigger firmware did you use.."a" or "b"..
"a" is for single piece Hi Hat with Realhat continuous /variable pedal..."b" is for the Pro-X Hi hat..2 piece with it's own controller and a Hi Hat stand/pedal.
The symptoms/issues you described sounds like you did "b"

DM10 – Trigger Firmware Update [v1.01b]
This zip file includes the latest trigger firmware updates which increases sensitivity and reduces the possibility of crosstalk.
This updated trigger firmware should only be used if you are using DM10 with the Alesis Pro X Hi-Hat.
http://community.alesis.com/alesis/topics/dm10-hi-hat-problem-after-firmware-update#

Thanks. Right after posting I found similar posts, I found term "chick sound" which I was unfamiliar with. Will try to downgrade today. Thanks for your help!

edit: It worked! All good now.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 04:14:16 AM by hluosuja »