Author Topic: DM10 not showing up as Midi Device in Toontrack Solo- Driver issue apparently?  (Read 7379 times)

So this is my computer.
This is my BIOS USB, I now changed the legacy to ENABLE, but nothing happened.

I tried in other Laptop with windows 10 and also didn't work. Could be coincidence, but that windows is in French and mine is in Portuguese. The only one that worked was a English windows from an Australian person. I installed windows 10 in english btw...

Forgot to tell that I have (Code 10) in the errors

Offline Chaser

So this is my computer.
This is my BIOS USB, I now changed the legacy to ENABLE, but nothing happened.

I tried in other Laptop with windows 10 and also didn't work. Could be coincidence, but that windows is in French and mine is in Portuguese. The only one that worked was a English windows from an Australian person. I installed windows 10 in english btw...

Forgot to tell that I have (Code 10) in the errors
I don't know if or how there is any correlation between the language differences of the OS unless the the laptop that worked is much newer or if Intel or AMD etc
You shouldn't need EHCI enabled.Starting with Windows 7 the "handshake" for USB communication is handled by the OS and system drivers not the BIOS.
Did this originally use PS/2 mouse/keyboard?
You could disable the EHCI and see if that makes any difference,I don't know if you need it enabled in order for USB keyboard/mouse to operate to get back into BIOS without a PS2 keyboard/mouse  though..I had that problem years ago with an older Supermicro Board and I had to go digging to find a PS2 board to get back into BIOS.
If there are any issues you will see conflicts in the Universal Serial Bus Controllers under Device manager, if there is.. right click and uninstall one by one , then reboot to BIOS and re-enable.They will then be re-detected on startup.

You could also try unplugging the keyboard/mouse from their USB ports and plug the DM10 in...may be a conflict.
Some early pre-Win 7/USB3.0 had such problems..some even had an order of plugging in USB devices.

Also check the USB controller driver..this was one of AMD's first USB 3.0 board..Windows 7 didn't natively support USB3.0.
(NEC Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver V1.0.18.0 for Windows 32/64bit XP & 32/64bit Vista & 32/64bit 7.(WHQL)

When you get the "error code 10"..is there a message?..failed to start..missing driver..etc etc....
with the DM10 connected download/run the attached and see what it reports..

Also,..was this an upgrade to Win 7 X64..or a fresh install..if it was an upgrade was it from 32 bit to x64?

I have (2) 20U Touch Screen stage rigs.. 1 guitar,1 DAW/drums running  AMD FX8350 with the M5A78LM/USB 3.0.. 32GB Ram..Windows 10..(each in a 2U case.)

In the Windows 10 install,,,Device manager.. under Universal Serial Bus Controllers..do you show  ASMedia USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller 1.0 ?

« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 12:54:46 AM by Chaser »

I don't want to change BIOS that much, because I don't want to risk being without computer at all, I need it to work.

You could also try unplugging the keyboard/mouse from their USB ports and plug the DM10 in...may be a conflict.
Some early pre-Win 7/USB3.0 had such problems..some even had an order of plugging in USB devices.

Done it, and everytime the same. I have to try to find a different keybord/mouse since mine is wireless, The idea would be to install the drivers of this mouse/keyboard and see what happens. Its microsoft windows keyboard 800 btw

Also check the USB controller driver..this was one of AMD's first USB 3.0 board..Windows 7 didn't natively support USB3.0.
(NEC Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver V1.0.18.0 for Windows 32/64bit XP & 32/64bit Vista & 32/64bit 7.(WHQL)

Done it long time ago, but I will do it again.... nothing to lose

When you get the "error code 10"..is there a message?..failed to start..missing driver..etc etc....
with the DM10 connected download/run the attached and see what it reports..

Never got any error, I know that is not detecting because I go to device manager and I see the exclamation mark.
I runned it, it said I had an issue, suggested a solution for it, I press apply it, he reinstalls the controllers but in the end say "problem no solved"

Also,..was this an upgrade to Win 7 X64..or a fresh install..if it was an upgrade was it from 32 bit to x64?

My windows were always installed from scratch

In the Windows 10 install,,,Device manager.. under Universal Serial Bus Controllers..do you show  ASMedia USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller 1.0 ?

0.96... could be this ?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 03:08:49 PM by BAD-RELIGION »

And by a miracle its working now....

What I had done, not really sure.

I understood it was my wireless keyboard/mouse, so I spent one afternoon "playing" with it, uninstalling/installing, and plugging in the drum cable, but anyway nothing was working, restarted loads of time, and in the end I changed the keyboard USB port that I normally use for it to another one. And was not working anyway...

Forgot about it and went to play drums for a couple of hours and I thought "let me check the device manager just in case" and... there was no yellow exclamation mark anymore!!! Since then I know that I can only switch on the drums after my computer is fully restarted.

I have already recorded with ableton and superior drummer :)

Thanks for the help

Bah... stop working again :(

Offline Sgazay

Just to refresh this.  I spent 45 minutes trying to get DM10 to show up as a midi device in EZDrummer.  Finally tried different USB port on my laptop and it worked!   Now if I could get Latency below 90...

Offline Chaser

Just to refresh this.  I spent 45 minutes trying to get DM10 to show up as a midi device in EZDrummer.  Finally tried different USB port on my laptop and it worked!   Now if I could get Latency below 90...

Latency will depend on your machine and audio card.
The rule of thumb is to set the buffer until you hear the audio deteriorate (crackles, pops etc)
Go into the audio/midi settings and set to 128...it's a good starting point..if you get crackling/pops ..the go up to 256..if it still crackles etc go to 512...if it sounded good at 128 try 64.
You'll need a fairly decent machine /audio card for 64