Author Topic: Costco Alesis DM6?  (Read 7190 times)

Costco Alesis DM6?
« on: September 18, 2011, 05:04:17 PM »
Hi all,

Bought a DM6 for $279.99 after doing some research on it. I new to the drums for the most part, but am musically inclined (playing guitar for 15 years+).

My question is that when I got this kit home, I noticed that it doesn't have the kick pedal set up like I've seen online with the DM6's that were reviewed.

Is this set completely different? The toms are 7.5" and they look a little small and also aren't multizone. Is the kick pedal set up available separately?

thanks for any help!

« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 03:25:45 PM by sup3rson1c »

Offline Ennuk3

Re: Costo Alesis DM6?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 05:07:08 PM »
Seemingly, you got the DM6 Session Kit, with a simple switch kick pedal, judging from the picture.

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 06:30:39 PM »
Hey thanks for the response Ennuk3.  Do you think I should get the model up from this?  Is the mechanical kick worth it?  Also, I don't want to sacrifice features like velocity sensitive, but I'm unclear whether this has that or not.  I'm quite compelled now to take this back and order the proper set:

http://www.amazon.com/Alesis-DM6-Kit-Performance-Electronic/dp/B002C4SM5W/ref=cm_rdp_product_img

Thoughts?

Offline Ennuk3

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 06:33:59 PM »
It is a new and improved version of the DM6 (so to say). If the kick doesn't bother you, I would keep it.

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 06:37:39 PM »
Thx for the fast reply.  I guess the only thing now that bothers me is if it's velocity sensitive.  I really don't want to put this together to find out that it doesn't.  I'll email Alesis and see what they have to say.

Thanks again man, for pointing me in the right direction.  The box nor the instructions within say "session" anywhere on it, so that threw me for a loop.