Author Topic: *NEW* Alesis "Command X" Drum kit!  (Read 5011 times)

Online Hellfire

*NEW* Alesis "Command X" Drum kit!
« on: October 03, 2016, 08:38:09 AM »

This is the new Alesis Command X Drum Kit. I know it isn't going to set the edrum world on fire, but it does let us know what kits from Alesis are selling well. Well enough that Alesis felt it necessary to make a alternate version of the Commmand kit. The only thing that is different about this over the regular Command kit that I can see is the color.

With that stated I actually think that the Command kit (and Command X kit) are a good mix of triggers, sizes and price. The rubber pads look to be the same medeli rubber pads that Simmons uses and I really like the feel of those pads. A dual zone 11" rubber pad is great! For those that like rubber pads, these 11" medeli are the largest and best feeling rubber triggers in this price range on the market today. The mesh pads are where they need to be at the snare and kick position. Quite honestly I don't think mesh should be used on a kick. I had hoped that Alesis would have used a Simmons SD1500 style kick tower. That is the best kick trigger I've used to date.

So far this new Command X Drum Kit is not on the Alesis website. I found it on Musician's Friend's website. Here's the link: Alesis Command X 9-Piece Electronic Drum Kit

Side Note:

As cool as the red color looks, I wish Alesis wounld reconsider this "red" color that they are pushing as the new look of Alesis eDrums. The reason for this is, it look like they are Ddrum. Just a thought.

Re: *NEW* Alesis "Command X" Drum kit!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 08:59:36 AM »
  I like the red of the Crimson kit on the drums but those cymbals!