Author Topic: Guitar Center Fail in Maine  (Read 2120 times)

Guitar Center Fail in Maine
« on: March 25, 2016, 09:45:10 PM »
Went into Maine Mall area Guitar Center this evening and they didn't have ANY Alesis sets at all!!! How disappointing. I wanted to try out a DM10 with mesh heads. Grrr...

Offline Khes74

Re: Guitar Center Fail in Maine
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 03:40:10 PM »
Went into Maine Mall area Guitar Center this evening and they didn't have ANY Alesis sets at all!!! How disappointing. I wanted to try out a DM10 with mesh heads. Grrr...

Well did you call ahead?

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 04:20:12 PM »
 :D

I figured they would have one there since they have them online.  I was wrong!  I didn't make a special trip there of anything though.  Bought some new sticks and some gitty strings for my daughters easter basket so it was not a complete loss.  Almost yelled at two boys who I guess thought GC was a playground.  They were running around whamming on drums and picking up guitars and trying to play them.  Mom was just walking around oblivious.  I think dad was trying out guitars as there was a similarly oblivious guy trying guitars and he was good.  But really?  This is $$$$$  stuff and you are letting your kids just do whatever??? Disrespectful.  I said something to the guy working there and he was about done with them at that point.  After he checked me out he said, "Well, looks like it's time to go rain on someone's parade!"  Hahahahahaha!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 07:14:27 PM »
They don't even sell the mesh head version. I had to order the real head version and convert it. I was in Portsmouth, NH yesterday and they have the Crimson mesh head. I assume since that is a GC exclusive they are only carrying that for mesh head versions. Truthfully I came very close to buying the Crimson online glad I didn't. With the small drums it looks like a toy. New design on the pads looks nice but easy to do on the Real Head if your mechanically inclined.
- Josh

Alesis DM10 Module triggering SD2.0 - A2E converted Sonor Force 2007. All 3 ply mesh head / Drum-Tec Real Feel. :)

Offline Khes74

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 10:00:04 PM »
ALWAYS call ahead to check if an item is in store, Guitar Center can't carry every item in their store front.

The Guitar Center in Nashua,NH has an Alesis Crimson kit last time I checked. Or at-least they had it on display.

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 06:10:46 AM »
ALWAYS call ahead to check if an item is in store, Guitar Center can't carry every item in their store front.

The Guitar Center in Nashua,NH has an Alesis Crimson kit last time I checked. Or at-least they had it on display.

Yeah they did a few weeks ago. But I think you have to hit the Boston area before you have any DM10's. Never the less the mesh kits are are not on GC or MF anyway. You could check out the Crimson to get a idea. But the DM10x is much more of a set IMHO.
- Josh

Alesis DM10 Module triggering SD2.0 - A2E converted Sonor Force 2007. All 3 ply mesh head / Drum-Tec Real Feel. :)