Author Topic: *NEW* Alesis Strike "Zone" and Stike "Pro"  (Read 183166 times)

Offline ChrisK

Re: *NEW* Alesis Strike "Zone" and Stike "Pro"
« Reply #750 on: January 19, 2017, 09:47:04 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwahpTg7itM
Make your own opinion, the snare I think is the best for all instruments, for me the weakness are the crash cymbal chock quickly not enough sustain and are in your face, hi-hat open close make weird sound transition, some toms out of layers maybe intentionally for those kits, but I guess with multi-layers imports could fix some, anyway at this price its very good in my opinion if the multi-layers editor works great and have enough layers supports, could save these issue, but I this price I think it will be limited to layers for cpu\ board capability.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 10:08:42 PM by ChrisK »

Online Hellfire

« Reply #751 on: January 19, 2017, 10:09:34 PM »
Snare sounds good. The hardest strike on the snare did sound a little machine gun like, but just a little bit. As for the rest, it's really hard to tell. Tim played the heck out of the snare so I think it is the easiest to really have an opinion about. For the price I think it's great!

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #752 on: January 19, 2017, 10:15:33 PM »
Snare sounds good. The hardest strike on the snare did sound a little machine gun like, but just a little bit. As for the rest, it's really hard to tell. Tim played the heck out of the snare so I think it is the easiest to really have an opinion about. For the price I think it's great!

for the price its way better then td-25, and most previous Roland td module, natural sound less synthetic, and too me on part to td-50 except the cymbal and few toms, but with the multilayers imports  could beat td-50 hand downs, the machine gun on snare is only because he played hard, not machine gun, real snare have consistency on higher dynamic.

My real worries is the hihat close open, it make weird sound transition level, this for some are stop purchase
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 10:25:02 PM by ChrisK »

Online Hellfire

« Reply #753 on: January 19, 2017, 10:32:04 PM »

for the price its way better then td-25, and most early Roland td module, natural sound less synthetic, and too me on part to td-50 except the cymbal and few toms, but with the multilayers imports  could beat td-50 hand downs, the machine gun on snare is only because he played hard, not machine gun, real snare have constancy on higher dynamic.

My real worries is the hihat close open, it make weird sound transition level, this for some are stop purchase

I went back and really listened to it again. I agree about the higher dynamic machine gun thing and I think that's all it was. The snare really did track nicely and sound good. The toms sounded a lot better after listening to it again. The cymbals (not the hi-hat) however sound like they are straight from the DM10. They seem to have the same harshness and quick decay. If I didn't know any better I would think those were DM10 cymbal crash sounds. They even choke the same way. However, the way they choke may just be a function of how Alesis handles choking. The hi-hat actually sounded better to me then the DM10, but I still couldn't tell if it was dual zone or not. Yes, there does seem to be a little something off on the hi-hat, but it did seem to handle "barking" a little better than the DM10.

Again, I have to say for the price, this is an incredible buy. I can't wait to see what the software can do with a users own sound samples.

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #754 on: January 19, 2017, 10:36:38 PM »

for the price its way better then td-25, and most early Roland td module, natural sound less synthetic, and too me on part to td-50 except the cymbal and few toms, but with the multilayers imports  could beat td-50 hand downs, the machine gun on snare is only because he played hard, not machine gun, real snare have constancy on higher dynamic.

I went back and really listened to it again. I agree about the higher dynamic machine gun thing and I think that's all it was. The snare really did track nicely and sound good. The toms sounded a lot better after listening to it again. The cymbals (not the hi-hat) however sound like they are straight from the DM10. They seem to have the same harshness and quick decay. If I didn't know any better I would think those were DM10 cymbal crash sounds. They even choke the same way. However, the way they choke may just be a function of how Alesis handles choking. The hi-hat actually sounded better to me then the DM10, but I still couldn't tell if it was dual zone or not. Yes, there does seem to be a little something off on the hi-hat, but it did seem to handle "barking" a little better than the DM10.

Again, I have to say for the price, this is an incredible buy. I can't wait to see what the software can do with a users own sound samples.

the real power could be the editor, I still think with the editor could fix most, except the hihat I think if they are limited in stage level, could make abrupt transition, but for many is not a problem, but I agree for the price compare to Roland, alot for the value.

Offline rhysT

« Reply #755 on: January 19, 2017, 11:40:28 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwahpTg7itM

The kits TR used in this video sound fairly impressive, and let's hope the other kits are consistently as good with not too many electronic sounding ones. Not sure what to expect with the hi-hat, but maybe Tim will do a better demo of the transitions.
I'm keen to check it out and see if the kit loading times are acceptable, as I tend to do regular kit changes on my DM10 sometimes.
We may have to wait until Strike's release to see the editor in action.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 11:49:49 PM by rhysT »

Offline Sam

« Reply #756 on: January 19, 2017, 11:53:26 PM »
here's the first decent video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwahpTg7itM
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 11:59:48 PM by Sam »
Alesis DM8 Pro, 682Drums Mesh Heads, Addictive Drums, Zildjian Gen16 hi-hats

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #757 on: January 20, 2017, 12:06:39 AM »

it was published, our comment are from this video, the bass drum make double triggering 5:20 single pedal used, but I think its his setup.

Offline Sam

« Reply #758 on: January 20, 2017, 12:11:18 AM »

it was published, our comment are from this video, the bass drum make double triggering 5:20 single pedal used, but I think its his setup.

I think that's his playing...sounds like double pedal or he's just doing fast double strokes.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 12:13:27 AM by Sam »

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #759 on: January 20, 2017, 05:17:55 AM »
Could be, I dont think its a problem, anyway for the price is great with all these option for edrum usual market its lots value for the price.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 10:37:19 AM by ChrisK »

« Reply #760 on: January 20, 2017, 08:12:59 AM »
Regarding to price/quality/availability of this kit we still have to hear more, yet Kraft sure puts the kit fully bundled for a interesting price: http://www.kraftmusic.com/alesis-strike-pro-kit-electronic-drum-set-drum-essentials-bundle.html

Online Hellfire

« Reply #761 on: January 20, 2017, 09:06:20 AM »
The price makes the difference to me and I believe Alesis hit a home run (maybe grand slam) with this kit.

Is it ground breaking? In and of itself no, but when you look at what you get for the price, it's a whole new ball game. Alesis is going to have a hard time keeping it in stock.

Unless it has some major flaw that we don't know about/see, I don't see why people would pass on this kit. It is so affordable that if you are in the market for a new edrum kit, you're going to buy this one.

Offline Failed Muso

« Reply #762 on: January 20, 2017, 09:16:45 AM »
The price makes the difference to me and I believe Alesis hit a home run (maybe grand slam) with this kit.

Is it ground breaking? In and of itself no, but when you look at what you get for the price, it's a whole new ball game. Alesis is going to have a hard time keeping it in stock.

Unless it has some major flaw that we don't know about/see, I don't see why people would pass on this kit. It is so affordable that if you are in the market for a new edrum kit, you're going to buy this one.

I agree.

If you've been looking for a premium 8+ piece e-Drum kit with mesh heads and deep shells plus a module with good sounds, you've been horribly limited. The DM10 and Crimson are great kits, but the modules leave a little to be desired when compared to the competition and there's no denying the wow factor of the V-Drums. So Roland have had it all their own way for far too long, charging extortionate prices and not really delivering comparable value.

The Strike kits challenge Roland in a way they've not been challenged before, hence the law suits. Roland US are just being pissy and litigious (as usual) simply to try and stave off the competition. inMusic's counter suing of them should, we hope, cancel the whole thing out and e-Drummers can now have a better choice.

I haven't heard anything yet that convinces me that the Strike module is in any way vastly superior to anything we already know. The Mimic Pro will set a new standard, but for the price of a Mimic, you can have a whole kit from Alesis.

Is the Strike a game changer? Maybe not. Aggressive power play? Most definitely ;)
Alesis Crimson Mesh Kit, Alesis DM10 Module, Alesis PercPad, Yamaha DTXpress Kit, Mattel Synsonics, Toontrack Superior Drummer 2

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #763 on: January 20, 2017, 10:46:38 AM »
If the editor pan out like I think it could surpass all roland module for the sound, one things I am sure when someone will check the value of the price compare to others brand in the store, strike kit will definitely sell more than roland now and this is big hit for the Roland patent propaganda.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 10:48:33 AM by ChrisK »

« Reply #764 on: January 20, 2017, 01:27:20 PM »
How long will it be before you can buy the Strike Zone module by itself and will it work with the DM10? - or, will Alesis be putting out updates for the DM10 as the result of this new module? - more sounds, better hi-hat, etc?

« Reply #765 on: January 20, 2017, 03:05:25 PM »
Not to sound picky, but I really likeded the wet/shined look of the cymbals when this kit was first announced last year...I see that's either gone or all of those original photos & videos were distorted.  Small potatoes I know.  Can't wait to try one of these out and FINALLY upgrade!

« Reply #766 on: January 20, 2017, 04:55:18 PM »
I just want to say that I'm extremely happy to finally see (and more importantly hear) the Strike demonstrated!  I'm in the market for my first eKit and I've literally been waiting over a year for this.  I've been following this thread for all 30+ pages.  It's been a rollercoaster of excitement and disappointment, but we finally got to hear it and I'm really happy with the way it sounds.

I have the Strike and all of the accessories I need in my Sweetwater shopping cart all ready to go, but there is no way I'm hitting the submit button until I see an actual promo video from Alesis.  I'm thrilled that we got to see the interview / demos so far, but I want to hear the direct feed audio.  Is it typical for a company to wait halfway through the NAMM event to release this kind of stuff or is there a chance they aren't actually going to [DECLASSIFY] that video?  I've kind of learned not to take anything for granted when it comes to Alesis marketing.

« Reply #767 on: January 20, 2017, 04:59:11 PM »
They look amazing. I really want to give them a try to see how they feel compared to my DM10 mesh convert and the Roland mesh pads.

Offline Failed Muso

« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 08:47:55 PM by Failed Muso »
Alesis Crimson Mesh Kit, Alesis DM10 Module, Alesis PercPad, Yamaha DTXpress Kit, Mattel Synsonics, Toontrack Superior Drummer 2

« Reply #769 on: January 20, 2017, 09:32:34 PM »
I need more... Specifically the hi hat and cymbals.
- Josh

Alesis DM10 Module triggering SD2.0 - A2E converted Sonor Force 2007. All 3 ply mesh head / Drum-Tec Real Feel. :)

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #770 on: January 20, 2017, 10:59:45 PM »
Reports From Jman NAMM 2017

"A couple stats on the module and sounds. 200MB is the size limit per kit. You can load up to 40 samples per instrument, example would be 10 samples with 4 round robins each velocity, which means 10 X 4 =40 or another example would be 12 samples with 3 each velocity, round robins= 36. "

This means strike kit have better capability then any Roland module for user imports, and have more potential to get close to VST sound,  you could grab some vst with more accuracy, in the module, but still high quality full range vst need more space then 200mb per kits, but at this price it is very good no question.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 11:28:25 PM by ChrisK »

Offline rhysT

« Reply #771 on: January 20, 2017, 11:04:37 PM »
Strike Pro declassified

https://youtu.be/KZAliR_BBbo

OK so the Strike Pro kit survived some psycho abuse testing, but how about giving it more serious stage-cred with this type of shell wrap: http://www.rvinyl.com/vinyl-wrap.html
http://www.rvinyl.com/Chameleon-Shade-Shifter-Vinyl-Wraps
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 08:27:52 AM by rhysT »

Offline Sam

« Reply #772 on: January 21, 2017, 02:05:01 PM »
Alesis needs a demo like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFeGUpz9Y1U and top player like this to demo it.

Online Hellfire

« Reply #773 on: January 21, 2017, 02:15:20 PM »
Reports From Jman NAMM 2017

"A couple stats on the module and sounds. 200MB is the size limit per kit. You can load up to 40 samples per instrument, example would be 10 samples with 4 round robins each velocity, which means 10 X 4 =40 or another example would be 12 samples with 3 each velocity, round robins= 36. "

This means strike kit have better capability then any Roland module for user imports, and have more potential to get close to VST sound,  you could grab some vst with more accuracy, in the module, but still high quality full range vst need more space then 200mb per kits, but at this price it is very good no question.

This is good info, but I think it needs a little more context.

It is important to remember that the DM10 only had 128MB total for 100 kits and to put that in perspective I believe the Roland TD-20 only had 128MB stock (256MB with upgrade). We are now talking about 200MB for just one kit. That is a big upgrade. Yes, I know it isn't VST/Mimic stuff, but as far as drum modules go, that's big and it's even bigger when you consider the price point.

« Reply #774 on: January 21, 2017, 04:02:44 PM »
Alesis needs a demo like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFeGUpz9Y1U and top player like this to demo it.

I know it is apples and oranges. But WOW that is impressive!
- Josh

Alesis DM10 Module triggering SD2.0 - A2E converted Sonor Force 2007. All 3 ply mesh head / Drum-Tec Real Feel. :)