Author Topic: Realhat pedal conversion  (Read 1477 times)

Realhat pedal conversion
« on: January 08, 2017, 04:40:42 PM »
I recently bought the Pro-X hihat setup and am pleased to have got it working satisfactorily thanks to some suggestions found here.  I know have a my Realhat pedal collecting dust.  There must be a way to convert it for use as a second bass pedal but when I tried it with a y-connector connected to the bass output I got nada.  Any suggestions?
DM10 Pro X Mesh kit, Behringer Eurolive 1220 monitor, Tama Speed Cobra pedal, ProX hi hat, Pearl Throne Thumper

Offline AlanK

Re: Realhat pedal conversion
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 12:31:01 PM »
Try going to the Kick2 input on the module and see if it's coming up there, or select NoteChase (the light turns yellow) and step on it and see what input it brings you to
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline rhysT

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 03:44:13 PM »
The Realhat pedal has a variable resistor in it which can't produce a trigger pulse required for the module's Kick input. Another option is to mount a piezo sensor under the pedal footplate (as shown in the pic) and attach it to the y-connector via a cable with TS/mono plug.
Btw, the attached foot-switch (latch type) should disable the hihat chick sound but still allow the closed hihat to be played. I can't recall where I found the pic but if anyone else knows maybe provide a link to it.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 03:50:25 PM by rhysT »

Offline JohnRick

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 04:42:55 AM »
Not really on topic but I'm really happy (and surprised) that you have found the Pro-X hat to your liking. I actually hated it from the minute I got it and returned to the Realhat immediately which is light years better in comparison. The only upside to the Pro-x is the looks. Less rubber and no better functionality than the stock setup should make mine a nice ebay listing.