Author Topic: Crimson Mesh Pads vs DM10 X Mesh Pads  (Read 2623 times)

Offline Failed Muso

Crimson Mesh Pads vs DM10 X Mesh Pads
« on: November 03, 2016, 11:33:12 AM »
Is anyone able to confirm whether there is any internal structural difference between the Crimson Mesh pads and the DM10 X Mesh pads? Is the only difference simply the colour of the shell?

If they are different, what exactly has changed?

Thanks in advance :)
Alesis Crimson Mesh Kit, Alesis DM10 Module, Alesis PercPad, Yamaha DTXpress Kit, Mattel Synsonics, Toontrack Superior Drummer 2

Re: Crimson Mesh Pads vs DM10 X Mesh Pads
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 07:58:31 AM »
I would assume there is a difference. I have the Crimson Mesh Kit and would like to replace the snare drum.  After looking at Laurin snares I find that they are compatible with the DM10, but not the Crimson.  I would draw from that they are not the same.

Offline Failed Muso

Re: Crimson Mesh Pads vs DM10 X Mesh Pads
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 09:19:36 AM »
I would assume there is a difference. I have the Crimson Mesh Kit and would like to replace the snare drum.  After looking at Laurin snares I find that they are compatible with the DM10, but not the Crimson.  I would draw from that they are not the same.

I'm curious to know what that is. The Crimson Mesh pads are essentially the same concept as the DM10 Mesh pads, in as much as they are dual zone (head and rim), use 6.4mm TRS jacks and on visual inspection have a similar trigger construction. The Crimson Mesh pads work fine on my DM10 module.

Curiouser and curiouser ;)
Alesis Crimson Mesh Kit, Alesis DM10 Module, Alesis PercPad, Yamaha DTXpress Kit, Mattel Synsonics, Toontrack Superior Drummer 2