Author Topic: DM8 Pro upgrade list - anybody see any glaring issues?  (Read 1195 times)

DM8 Pro upgrade list - anybody see any glaring issues?
« on: October 10, 2016, 08:45:11 AM »
Hi all,

New to the forum and would gladly welcome anyone's advice on my future plans for my DM8 Pro kit.

Right now, it's stock apart from an additional crash pad and the kickmpad being replaced by a DM8 USB unit as the original DM8 Pro unit died...twice. As it is, the inputs are now full and I can't expand it any,  which leads me to my proposal.

1 - buy additional Dm8 Pro module/brain
2 - replace snare pad with Laurin 12" unit and replace hihat pad with Pro X hihat
3 - re purpose original snare and hihat pads as 2nd snare and 3rd crash respectively
4 - use 2nd DM8 Pro module as auxiliary source for sounds for any/all additional pads

Currently,  I run my module into a Harbinger mixer, then out to a GoPro for recording purposes.  The 2nd DM8 Pro module would follow the same process.

So. Any obvious issues that I'm not seeing?  Compatibility issue between the Pro X Hat and the DM8?
Any and all input appreciated - I just want to make sure my kit expansion plan isn't flawed!

Cheers in advance

Re: DM8 Pro upgrade list - anybody see any glaring issues?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 09:39:05 AM »
Hi WelshMetal,

I believe using trigger i/o connected to midi-in port of your DM8 would be a cheaper solution, and you would still get more inputs. I suggest you search for the trigger i/o expansion threads. Even though the treads (if I remember correctly) were written with DM10-trigger i/o combination, everything should be directly applicable to DM8-trigger i/o combination as well.

Connecting two DM8s might be a little problematic, since DM8 does not have midi-out port, but uses usb for that function.

Regards