Author Topic: DM10 Studio Arriving Thursday!  (Read 2398 times)

DM10 Studio Arriving Thursday!
« on: May 18, 2010, 11:50:28 AM »
Hello, new to the forum.  Been a drummer for a long time and excited about my first e-kit.  Also an electrical engineer so I'm excited about all the DIY tweaking.  I already ordered billy blast heads to go with the kit.  I need to make it as quiet as possible right off the bat.  The Hellfire video is really helpful.  Looking forward to skimming the forum for tricks and tips.  Thanks all

New pork pie throne and axis longboard coming this week too! :P

Offline Guinness

Re: DM10 Studio Arriving Thursday!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 12:01:30 PM »
Cool!   Welcome to the forums.

Offline eugenecp

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 12:51:25 PM »
welcome aboard!
DM10 Pro Kit, Tama Iron Cobra Jr Double Bass Pedal, Tama 1st Chair HT530E5, Tascam US-122 Audio/MIDI interface

Offline Pier

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 03:35:19 PM »
Welcome, nice to meet you!
See you around soon  :)

Online Hellfire

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 03:40:03 PM »
Sounds like you have some nice equipment coming. Congrats on the new purchase. Be sure to post a pic of your new set-up when you get it.

Also, keep in mind any modification you make to your kit will void the warranty on it. I know that seems obvious to most but you wouldn't believe how many people didn't realize that. I'm stating every time I see someone deciding to mod their ekit now, just so it is out there.

BTW, Welcome to the forum.

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 04:23:28 PM »
Thanks for the greetings all! 

Hellfire: Would you agree that only non-reversible mods would void the warranty?  Simply replacing the heads with mesh wouldn't right? 

Though I suppose the bit from your video about cutting a hole in the OEM foam inside the head WOULD void the warranty.

Thoughts?  Experiences with Alesis?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 10:15:03 AM by ee.mike »

Online Hellfire

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 10:58:19 AM »
Thanks for the greetings all! 

Hellfire: Would you agree that only non-reversible mods would void the warranty?  Simply replacing the heads with mesh wouldn't right? 

Though I suppose the bit from your video about cutting a hole in the OEM foam inside the head WOULD void the warranty.

Thoughts?  Experiences with Alesis?
Just replace the head should not void the warranty. You will find out really quickly however that just putting a mesh head on the triggers doesn't do any good without doing the rest of the mod.