Author Topic: New from Georgia  (Read 2621 times)

New from Georgia
« on: April 09, 2010, 02:13:06 AM »
Hi everyone! Just got my Alesis DM6 kit a couple of days ago for an at-home practice kit. I have kids, and besides that, lugging my 6-piece Pearl Export series and all the accompanying hardware back and forth to rehearsal every week is just not an option. I found this site before buying the kit, and it was instrumental in my eventual purchase. Thanks for all the great information.

The DM6 will work very well for at-home practice, and while I wouldn't take the kit out for a big show, I might do a smaller one with it, or even use it to supplement my acoustic kit. Overall I am pretty pleased with the DM6, especially after upgrading the firmware. I am new to edrums, but I am no stranger to computers, or electronic music, so figuring out the DM6 was no big deal. It doesn't hurt that it is dead simple to use either.

A little about me - I've been drumming since I played in the marching band in high school. I have played in several bands over the years - always for fun and the love of making music. I have never been concerned with "making it big", I've just always tried to enjoy the music above all else. I am currently in a cover band after a long (5-year) hiatus from all things drumming (the kid thing again). We have been building a song catalog for the last year or so and are getting ready to play out in a few weeks. The DM6 will help me stay sharp and clean up a few of the tougher songs we do.

Thanks again for all the great info!

Offline Pier

Re: New from Georgia
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 02:32:21 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Great company here!  :)
hope you'll have fun, see you soon

Offline Guinness

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 03:12:27 AM »
Welcome to the forum NateX.

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 11:29:28 AM »
Welcome aboard NateX! I'm glad you found us.

Offline eugenecp

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 12:13:36 PM »
Welcome!
DM10 Pro Kit, Tama Iron Cobra Jr Double Bass Pedal, Tama 1st Chair HT530E5, Tascam US-122 Audio/MIDI interface

Offline ghostman

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 01:25:20 PM »
Congrats on the kit, and welcome.
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 05:01:23 PM »
Thanks guys!