Author Topic: DM10 Studio mapping for Garageband  (Read 2873 times)

Offline AWDV8

DM10 Studio mapping for Garageband
« on: April 11, 2011, 04:34:43 PM »
This is a question more about Garageband, but seeing as how it directly pertains to the DM10 Studio I figure this is a good location for it (as I'm sure others will be searching).

So this past weekend my guitarist came over and we made some recordings. Typically I have been using Sonar and Addictive Drums, but my computer isnt powerful enough to record anything more than just a solo instrument.
Fortunately he brought his Mac laptop with Garageband... but UNfortunately there is only a map for the DM10 Pro kit. We were short on time so made the recordings using the pro kit map, but the 4th tom and the second cymbal aren't registering the correct sounds (IIRC both registered as a wood block type sound). However, the midi info is there; so my question is whether I can re-map this midi info to trigger the correct sounds. Hoping someone here has done this and can help solve the problem!

Thanks

Offline vaikl

Re: DM10 Studio mapping for Garageband
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 06:46:24 PM »
Garageband itself has no mapping feature, it works with the GeneralMidi (GM) standard map. Did your guitarist had a drum VSTi loaded in GB, like Addictive Drums or Superior Drummer, BFD2 or s.t. else?

Offline AWDV8

Re: DM10 Studio mapping for Garageband
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 09:36:36 AM »
Thanks for the reply vaikl. I know he doesn't have a VSTi, we were using voices that are in the garageband program. I'll have to see if I can do some more digging.