Author Topic: Ddrum DD Beta Pro (Why?)  (Read 2464 times)

Online Hellfire

Ddrum DD Beta Pro (Why?)
« on: June 26, 2018, 05:09:29 PM »
I was looking around to see if any new edrum stuff might have popped up and I found the

Ddrum DD Beta Pro ($749.00):

Yep, it's another rebranded budget level kit.

My main reason for posting this is to ask Why? Why does Ddrum, a company that use to be a huge name in electronic drums, just puts out rebranded stuff? It's not even the higher level rebranded stuff. Their Adrum line is really good and these budget edrums just brings them down IMO. I would have thought by now Ddrum would have something more inline with the Simmons SD2000 or even the Alesis DM10 MKII (if they really want to just rebrand something again).

They would get a lot more traction if they put out an electronic kit that had a little more style to it and maybe a touch higher end. And why must companies put the word "PRO" on edrum kits that obviously are not pro level? Do they really believe that people will think it is pro just because the word is in the name.

Anyway, I'm glad that Ddrum is still making edrums, I just thought by the now they would have had something a little more enticing. I don't mean for this to be a bash post. I guess I would feel better about it if they just took off the word "PRO" on the name.

Ref link: https://www.ddrum.com/newfor2018
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 05:15:22 PM by Hellfire »

Offline ChrisK

Re: Ddrum DD Beta Pro (Why?)
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 08:48:08 PM »

My main reason for posting this is to ask Why? Why does Ddrum, a company that use to be a huge name in electronic drums, just puts out rebranded stuff?

If you see the big picture, most company are cheating all the time, most "newer" module are recycled, they are nothing really new, when I see windows xp memory and less, you are back to 90's, concerning kits\triggers, it's not a problem anymore, there is tons that can works with others, include DIY with many module.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 08:56:46 PM by ChrisK »