Author Topic: Iron Cobra hat stand and bass pedal for Strike Pro?  (Read 1222 times)

Iron Cobra hat stand and bass pedal for Strike Pro?
« on: December 17, 2017, 02:06:31 PM »
Hiya. I'm new to drumming and decided to go with the Strike Pro kit. I want to learn on something that's similar enough to acoustic that I'll be able to transfer skills if necessary. Can't afford Roland or Yamaha. I've been impressed with Alesis' VX49 MIDI keyboard controller, and the Strike drum module looks very similar. I wouldn't be surprised if they use the same color display panel.

I've been reading up on hardware and decided Tama Iron Cobra 605-series hi-hat stand and Iron Cobra 600-series bass pedal looked like appropriate matches for the kit — not too cheap, not too fancy. I'm not likely ever to need a double bass pedal or remote hat. I won't be gigging, just playing in a home studio.

Anybody else used these with an Alesis kit? From what I've read they're both made well and are sturdy enough to take regular use.

My plan is to try to get enough off the regular price to cover the cost of these two items, or maybe a Roc-n-Soc with backrest. If they won't go that low I could fall back to the 200/205 series versions.

Thanks in advance for any advice, recommendations, warnings, and whatnot.

Bethany

Re: Iron Cobra hat stand and bass pedal for Strike Pro?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 11:54:55 AM »
Got 'em. The holiday discount covered the cost of both pedals, the throne, and a few small accessories.

Iron Cobra 600-series pedals work fine with the Strike Pro. The Strike bass pad is mounted on a stand that has a flange that the kick pedal clamps onto. It took me a few minutes to realize I had to use Alesis' hi-hat clutch instead of the Tama-supplied one. After that it was smooth sailing.

The Roc-N-Soc Nitro is as comfortable at home as it was in GC. The back rest is awfully squeaky so I've removed it for now.

As a stand-alone kit it's just about perfect for me. Now I just have to make it work with BFD and Jamstix and Geist and AD and Battery and…