Author Topic: Roto tom trigger pads to trigger samples in Alesis Strike Module  (Read 1396 times)

Roto tom trigger pads to trigger samples in Alesis Strike Module
« on: December 14, 2017, 01:48:21 PM »
I would like to build a 4 trigger set to trigger the rototoms samples in the Alesis Strike module. I have one input available (the #4 tom) is there any way I could do this with a splitter or some other technique?

The triggers are from an old Roland SPD-11 (which is still in working order so I could use midi to the controller, but from what I see there is no way to map additional inputs to samples within the Strike Module.

I'd prefer not to get the laptop involved.

Thanks,
Ron

Offline rhysT

Re: Roto tom trigger pads to trigger samples in Alesis Strike Module
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 07:15:24 AM »
I would like to build a 4 trigger set to trigger the rototoms samples in the Alesis Strike module. I have one input available (the #4 tom) is there any way I could do this with a splitter or some other technique?

The triggers are from an old Roland SPD-11 (which is still in working order so I could use midi to the controller, but from what I see there is no way to map additional inputs to samples within the Strike Module.

Yeah apparently the Strike module doesn't have any 'spare' midi notes (like the DM10 includes), although there's no need to split its trigger inputs using midi control from a SPD-11 multipad.

Try assigning midi notes to the SPD-11 pads similar to the default midi note settings for any Strike trigger zones like tom rims/etc, and allocate rototom samples to them in a user kit.
This Strike kits info may be useful : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P6G8XfAQ3YCki6nFo1eOsRVEb3LFixcsU9s4kCd_0do/edit?pli=1#gid=1096329833
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 02:35:54 PM by rhysT »