Author Topic: DM10 Ride Cymbal  (Read 1361 times)

DM10 Ride Cymbal
« on: January 16, 2017, 05:25:30 PM »
Does anyone know if there is a way to use the stock DM10 ride cymbal as something other than a ride cymbal?  When connecting it to any of the other cymbal or pad ports the cymbal does absolutely nothing, but if I connect it to the ride cymbal port its works perfectly fine as a ride cymbal.  I would like to use it as an extra crash if possible.

Offline Iggford

Re: DM10 Ride Cymbal
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 10:31:31 PM »
I don't know if it was a coincidence or something similar, but I noticed that as long as I had cables plugged into both inputs on my stock Ride, I could get it to do pretty much whatever I wanted.  It never acted right if I used only one of the inputs. 

The strange thing about it was that the second cable (plugged into the "B" input, I believe) didn't even have to be plugged into the module.  I guess it was a way of "tricking" the trigger.  Never had a problem moving it around as long as I did that.

Offline AlanK

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 09:47:29 AM »
Yes, as Iggford says, as long as you use a terminator plug in the 2nd input on the ride it'll work as a crash. I made a couple myself out of a crappy cable that came with some cheap electric guitar we bought.. just snipped the two ends off from the cable and voila, you've got a pair of terminator plugs.
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 11:13:19 AM »
Thank you! that absolutely worked.  use a small 1/4in to 1/8in adapter to plug up that second port and it works perfect and no extra wires hanging. I never would have thought of trying that myself.