Author Topic: Kick Mesh Tension.. too loose?  (Read 1201 times)

Kick Mesh Tension.. too loose?
« on: February 03, 2017, 10:16:30 PM »
I have been having a horrible time with my pedal bouncing off of the kick head. I finally just loosened the mesh head.. a lot and the issue is basically solved (still happens now and then) my question.. is there a point the mesh head would be too loose and I damage something? I know next to nothing about triggers.

I have played with the kick settings.. sensitivity, retrigger, etc.. and nothing has helped but taking almost all tension out of the head.

Re: Kick Mesh Tension.. too loose?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 10:12:14 PM »
I've had this same issue since buying an Alesis DM10X Mesh kit about a month ago.   I've researched until I am blue in the face, and didn't have a whole lot of luck until I ran across someone referencing this:   https://www.amazon.com/KAT-Percussion-KT-TBB-Silent-Strike/dp/B00DDXM77A/ref=pd_nav_hcs_bia_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=CZPA5MQ6R1KNBMEG284M

Now that I have it, it is night and day difference on the kick drum.   I can tighten my head pretty much as much as I want now.   After trying felt beater with a pad, hard plastic, hard rubber, and wood beaters, this is THE solution.