Author Topic: JamDock  (Read 2399 times)

JamDock
« on: March 06, 2011, 04:57:24 PM »
   I bought my son the DM6 drumkit with headphones and the JamDock.  I don't understand the instructions that came with the JamDock.
   How do you connect the Jamdock to the DM6 module?  Which ports do I use on the Jamdock for the drums?
   I know this may seem like a stupid question, but I am not good at hooking these type of things up.
   Thanks for the help.

Offline Jermdog

Re: JamDock
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 08:25:00 AM »
You will need a 1/8" stereo male to 1/4" mono TS adapter and a stereo pair of TS cables.  Connect the adapter to the output of the DM6 module.  Connect the 1/4" TS cables to the adapter, then connect the other end of the TS cables to the input of the JamDock.  Use the headphone jack from the JamDock.

Connection this way will allow the JamDock to control the ipod volume (main volume) and the DM6 volume (input volume).

Make sure you have the switch on the JamDock (on the right side) set correctly - do not choose guitar if you are using drums.  It won't hurt anything, but you will get a lot of distortion.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 08:26:44 AM by Jermdog »
Strike Pro, Dm10, Zildjian Gen 16 hats, xhats and garbage cymbals, Kit Toys chinas, crash and splashes, jam dock, mixer, custom 13" tom, alesis, drum workshop and various hardware.