Author Topic: ION PRO SESSIONS electronic drum kit pads  (Read 3436 times)

ION PRO SESSIONS electronic drum kit pads
« on: January 07, 2011, 11:49:42 PM »
Hello to all on the forum. This is my first posting.
I have an ION PRO SESSIONS electronic drum set, made by Aleis.
The pad that I am using as the snare (and thus, the one that sees the most action), seems to be losing sensitivity in the center of the rubber strike surface. You need to strike off-center near the edges in order to hear the 'true' sounds of the snare for each of the individual kits. A similar thing happens when I plug that same pad into one of the 'tom' inputs, and I find that I have to hit the pad even harder to get a clear response.
Am I doing something wrong here? Or is this a common occurrence over time? Has the piezo pick-up been dislodged or damaged? If so, is there anything that I can do to fix it myself?
(I was thinking about purchasing some replacement mesh heads for the drums, but I'm worried that it might be too late for that particular pad...!).
Any questions, comments, or suggestions that you might have for me would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much in advance.

Offline Guinness

Re: ION PRO SESSIONS electronic drum kit pads
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 11:56:41 PM »
My first kit was the Ion rocker, or some same like that.  It was basically a DM6 with different pads and rack.  My snare started doing exactly what yours is doing.  Then the jack for the headphones broke in such a way that I had to tape it upwards for it to work.  I ended up returning the entire kit.  Thankfully, costco took it back, no questions asked.

Not sure if that helps or not.

Good luck.

Offline Hellfire

Re: ION PRO SESSIONS electronic drum kit pads
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 12:26:22 AM »
Hello to all on the forum. This is my first posting.
I have an ION PRO SESSIONS electronic drum set, made by Aleis.
The pad that I am using as the snare (and thus, the one that sees the most action), seems to be losing sensitivity in the center of the rubber strike surface. You need to strike off-center near the edges in order to hear the 'true' sounds of the snare for each of the individual kits. A similar thing happens when I plug that same pad into one of the 'tom' inputs, and I find that I have to hit the pad even harder to get a clear response.
Am I doing something wrong here? Or is this a common occurrence over time? Has the piezo pick-up been dislodged or damaged? If so, is there anything that I can do to fix it myself?
(I was thinking about purchasing some replacement mesh heads for the drums, but I'm worried that it might be too late for that particular pad...!).
Any questions, comments, or suggestions that you might have for me would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much in advance.
Welcome aboard the forum Doozer.

I couldn't help but notice that you posted the same exact comment/question (but with different titles) in two different parts of the forum. I understand you are looking for help with your kit but, it is not a good idea to be duplicating message for the sake of hoping it gets answered more quickly. Doing so will not get your questions answered any faster. Just something to keep in mind in the future.

With that said, chances are that your trigger pad is breaking down. No it is not a common occurrence unless the drummer is using heavy sticks (like 5B) and really whales on them every time they sit down to play. It may be repairable if you are the DIY type of person. It may be as simple as a broken wire just needing to be soldered back on. There is no way of knowing unless you open the trigger up and look. If you would like, you could open the trigger up and take some pics and post them. That may make is easier for some of the member here to help. Again, welcome to the forum.