Author Topic: Prism Mesh Heads-SS OR RR Version  (Read 2387 times)

Offline DannyM

Prism Mesh Heads-SS OR RR Version
« on: February 15, 2018, 04:03:34 PM »
Hello everyone.

I have seen folks post about using mesh heads from Prisim and have said good things about them, so I checked them out on their web site & ebay and Prisim has a SS (sim series) & RR  ( Reflective Response ) version.

I am hoping someone could tell me if they have used either one or both and which do they prefer. How do they compare to other mesh heads such as Remo, Pearl or Roland? Even VS Alesis mesh heads.

Thanks in advance for any input you can offer.

Offline mpanzer

Re: Prism Mesh Heads-SS OR RR Version
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 10:02:51 PM »
Hi DannyM,
I recently contacted Prism about their mesh heads and asked which was best for edrums. I almost ordered both the RR 3 ply and the SS 3 ply but, after hearing back from them, I took their word that the SS 3 ply is the way to go. The head just arrived today and I only had a little time to test but I’m extremely impressed! Unfortunately, all I have to compare it to is the Remo Silentstroke mesh heads (single ply). I’m testing this on my 12” snare pad and the head looks and feels VERY durable and the triggering is WAY better with rolls and ghost notes - without any adjustments to the module.
So far, I’m very happy with it.
-Matt